Those who live in and love San Francisco will often cite the individual character of the neighborhoods as one of the reasons they like living here. And there can be no doubt the geography of the City is a prime contributor to that character. For all the media reports of Pelosi liberals and the heavy exposure given to the Haight and the Castro, hardly anyone outside city limits knows the West of Twin Peaks neighborhood is one of the most conservative in California (and if you think California doesn’t have conservatives you’ve never visited Taft).
But I digress. Here’s five things unique things about the Mission Terrace neighborhood.
1. We stage the only Fourth of July parade in San Francisco.
2. The Balboa Park BART station in our neighborhood is the busiest in the system outside of the four downtown stations.
3. A river runs through the neighborhood in an underground culvert.
4. My neighborhood has a working commercial farm:
5. You’ll have to visit yourself to discover number 5.